St. Johns River
One of only a few rivers in the world that runs from south to north, winds right through downtown Jacksonville. Enjoy the view along one of our riverwalks.
Dining and Nightlife
We have food and drink to fit any heart's desire - check out all the uniquely Jacksonville places.
Jacksonville is a sporting town!
We are a year round playground for sports, whether just enjoying a round of golf or game of tennis or looking to cheer on the Jaguars we've got a sport for you!
With over 20 miles of beautiful beaches Jacksonville offers a peaceful retreat.
Big Time Events
Every May, Northeast Florida hosts THE PLAYERS Championship at TPC Sawgrass.
Only in Jax
Want to know why Jacksonville, Florida is so special? You've come to the right place.
Jacksonville, perfectly positioned along the Atlantic Ocean in Northeast Florida is a natural paradise for visitors looking for an affordable yet luxurious destination. Whether you are looking to discover the undiscovered, ignite romance, reconnect with family or be inspired by the city’s cultural offerings or vivid sunrises, anything is possible in Jacksonville.
The “River City by the Sea”, boasts over 20 miles of wide and un-crowded beaches, close to 40 miles of the tranquil Intracoastal Waterway canal and the longest stretch of the beautiful St. Johns River, with so much water Jacksonville is a boater’s dream-come-true! Back on land, Jacksonville is home to the largest urban park system in the nation, with 10 state and national parks ready to be explored. Our authentic cuisine, thriving craft-beer scene and fun and cosmopolitan nightlife stretching from the beautiful Beaches all the way to our historic neighborhoods make Jacksonville a unique destination with thousands of possibilities for an unforgettable “Only in Jax” experience.
- At 840 square miles, Jacksonville is the largest city in the continental United States.
- Jacksonville has an average of 300 days of sunshine per year.
- Jacksonville has Florida’s youngest population; the median age in the River City is 35.5.
- Jacksonville is home to the largest urban park system in the nation with over 80,000 acres. Green is our color!
- Home to over 30 medical facilities, including one of only three Mayo Clinics in the country and one of only ten proton beam therapy institutes in the nation, and a number of medical businesses headquarters, Jacksonville truly is “America’s Health Center.”
- Jacksonville is the only Florida city to have four headquartered companies on the Fortune 500 list.
- Jacksonville is an artistic city. We have a Symphony, a Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), the Museum of Science and History, a Broadway Series and the oldest continuously operating community theater in the country, Theatre Jacksonville.
To find out more about what makes Jacksonvile unique and the perfect destination for your getaway explore this entire site!
Week at a Glance
Get a "First Look" at what is going on in Jacksonville!
Latitude 30 Happy Hour!
Monday – Friday (4pm – 7pm)...Read More
Come Downtown for Downtown Throwdown which promises live music and entertainment at many popular Downtown venues. 6 p.m....Read More
Jacksonville Landing Market
The Jacksonville Landing Friday Market takes place every Friday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the Market area on the...Read More
$5 Fridays at MOSH
Every Friday, come to MOSH to enjoy $5 admission and extended hours....Read More
Cosmic Concerts at MOSH
Experience total-sensory entertainment as laser lights, high-def images and digital sound collide to create a Cosmic...Read More
Plan your 2013 trip to Jacksonville!
There's always something great happening in Jax! Start planning this Spring's getaway! We would love to see you here! Jacksonville is the place to be this spring! There's lots more happening in the area, check out all of the great local events.More Info