Classic Southern Comfort
Beach Road Chicken Dinners serves up the best fried chicken in Jacksonville! A favorite amongst locals, located in the same spot since 1939.
Flavors of the Coast.
Stop into the historic San Marco district for the freshest flavors of Florida for Bistro AIX's raw bar.
A Taste of Jacksonville
Dining options in Northeast Florida range from upscale bistros to down-home fish camps, all infused with warm Southern charm.
Not all Fish Camps are Shacks!
Try North Beach Fish Camp located in the Beaches Town Center. Feeling adventurous pop into Singleton's Seafood Shack.
Candy Apple Cafe
A perfect date night option while in Jacksonville, end the evening with a tour of Sweet Pete's Factory.
Dining Only In Jax
Get those taste buds ready for a new experience! Jacksonville’s dining scene is an eclectic hybrid of inspired casual elegance and classic southern comfort, infused with the flavors of the coast and a dash of international flair.
- This is not your grandmother’s southern cuisine; Jacksonville’s young and talented new wave of chefs have reinvented the region’s best dishes to create a whole new breed of Southern restaurants infused with modern flavors and textures. For authentic Southern Food with a Jax twist visit Black Sheep in Five Points, HOBNOB in Brooklyn, The Potter's House Soul Food Bistro on Jacksonville's Southside and Westside, Maple Street Biscuit Company in San Marco and do not miss Beach Road Chicken Dinners, open since 1939!
- Get dressed up and go out for a fancy meal at Orsay in Avondale, Azurea in Atlantic Beach or visit the San Marco Dining District with elegant and gourmet options like Matthew's, Bistro AIX, Taverna, bb's and The Grotto. The best part of Jacksonville’s fine dining scene? You don’t have to have a reservation to enjoy a great dining experience.
- Enjoy american classics while tasting some of the best local beer Jacksonville has to offer! Only in Jax gastro-pubs include Kickbacks and Goozlepipe & Guttyworks with over 90 beers on tap and the Blind Rabbit. Both are located on King Street in the historic Riverside Beer & Food District.
- Enjoy seafood so fresh you actually see the fishermen bring it into the resturant. For a real fish camp experience visit Clark's Fish Camp in Mandarin, Whitey's Fish Camp in Orange Park or Singleton's Seafood Shack in Mayport Village. Or class it up at Julington Creek Fish Camp, North Beach Fish Camp or Palm Valley Fish Camp.
- Forget the hot dogs and pretzels, food trucks in Jacksonville offer only the freshest and most creative options on their menus. From American, to Caribbean, to BBQ, to Vegan dishes, the Jax Food Truckies are an emerging trend that is here to stay. Currently 90 Food Trucks are in operation covering the entire Jacksonville area. Check out a few of our blogs and let your taste buds explode!
How Good is Our Food?
- There are 19 Chefs from Jacksonville on America’s Best Chefs List
- The Jax Food Truckies are on fire! There are 90+ Licensed Food Trucks in Jacksonville.
- There are 99+ ethnic restaurants in Jacksonville
- Jacksonville has 30+ restaurants offering vegan dishes on their menus and 22 restaurants with gluten-free menus in Jacksonville
- Jacksonville has 19+ locally sourced restaurants in Jacksonville. They are all locally owned
- Guy Fieri, a popular host on the Food Network visited serveral Jacksonville restaurants including the Fox, Culhane's Irish Pub, 13 Gypsies, Singleton's Seafood Shack in Mayport, Metro Diner and more. Cameras were rolling as Fieri traveled to get footage for the hit show "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives."
- BREW Five Points was named one of the best new coffee shops in America
- Jacksonville restaurant Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails was named one of the best new restaurants in Florida by Florida Trend
- Spoon University placed Jacksonville's Metro Diner 9th on its list of “Where to Find the Best Chicken and Waffles in America.”
- Forbes Travel Guide named Jacksonville as one of the “5 Surprising Foodie Cities to Visit Right Now”.
For other dining options in Jacksonville, click here.