Laidback Beach Life
Lose the tie and grab the flip flops, sunbathe on 22 miles of uncrowded beaches!
Ready to give directions, answer questions, provide assistance, or walk you to your destination, the Downtown Ambassadors are Jacksonville's Downtown cleanliness, safety and hospitality team!
The Carnival Fascination
Jacksonville's Port is one of the biggest in the South. Cruise from Jacksonville for a quick getaway.
The St. James Building, better known as City Hall, was once the main department store in Downtown Jax.
Jacksonville has deep military roots and is home to many active-duty, civilians and veterans.
So what makes us so unique? You can truly do it all in Jacksonville!
Relaxing days at the Beaches, exciting nights in Downtown, business meetings on the Southside and arts markets by the River – Jacksonville offers visitors limitless options for entertainment, business, eco-adventures and an overall great time.
Jax At A Glance:
- At 840 square miles, Jacksonville is the largest city in the continental United States.
- The City of Jacksonville ranks as the 13th largest city in the United States in population as estimated by the U.S. Census. Jacksonville’s population was 821,000 in 2010.
- We are the youngest city in the state of Florida with a median age of 35.5, more on Age Demographics for the Young Professional
- Jacksonville has an average of 300 days of sunshine per year.
- Jacksonville is home to the largest urban park system in the nation with over 80,000 acres. Green is our color!
- Jacksonville has close to 18,000 hotel rooms and more than 170 hotels, including all major chains as well as luxury boutique accommodations.
- Home to over 30 medical facilities, including one of only three Mayo Clinics in the country and two of only 12 proton therapy cancer treatment centers in the nation, and a number of medical businesses headquarters, Jacksonville truly is “Your Destination for Health and Wellness.”
- The military employs over 30,000 active-duty personnel and nearly 20,000 civilians in the Jacksonville area.
- Jacksonville is a Festival City! We are home to the Jacksonville Jazz Festival, One Spark, Welcome to Rockville, World of Nations and so many more! Check our Events page for a complete list.
- Jacksonville is a Top 25 Arts Destinations in the nation. (American Style Magazine 2010, 2011 & 2012)
- Jacksonville has a Symphony, a ballet, a Museum of Modern Art, a Museum of Science and History, a Broadway Series and the oldest continuously operating community theater in the country, Theatre Jacksonville.
Want to know more about our awesome city? Get the #FactsOnJax.
The new and improved version! Come explore the unique cultures of Jacksonville, Florida. Plan your getaway today!