Home to over 30 medical facilities including one of only three Mayo Clinics and two of only 14 proton therapy cancer treatment centers in the country, Jacksonville truly is Your Destination for Health and Wellness.
What others are saying about our Healthcare Industry:
- Mayo Clinic Florida was ranked as one of the Best Hospitals in the nation in 2010. Both Mayo and Baptist Medical Center listed in 2009. U.S. News and World Reports, 2010.
- The UF Proton Therapy Institute in Jacksonville is the tenth busiest in the world. Since opening in 2006, the proton therapy center has delivered more than 73,000 treatments to more than 2,200 patients. JEDC News Brief, December 2010.
- Nemours Children Hospital was the winner of the Davies Organizational Award of Excellence. Healthcare Information & Management Systems Society, 2010.
- Baptist Health is one of the nation’s most innovative users of business technology. Information Week 500, 2010.
All these medical centers plus a thriving biotechnology industry and research and residency collaborations with the University of Florida, University of North Florida, Jacksonville University and Florida State College at Jacksonville have also helped catapult the area to national attention:
- Ackerman Cancer Center – In 2015, the Ackerman Cancer Center opened the world’s first private, physician owned proton therapy center.
- Baptist Health
- Brooks Rehabilitation – The 2nd largest inpatient rehabilitation hospital in the US.
- Mayo Clinic – One of three Mayo Clinics in the nation.
- Memorial Hospital – Has one of the largest bariatric programs in the state.
- Nemours Children's Clinic
- St. Vincent's HealthCare
- UF Health Jacksonville – One of the nation’s most acclaimed teaching hospitals.
- UF Health Proton Therapy Institute – One of the first Proton Therapy Centers.
- Wolfson Children's Hospital– Among the 50 best children’s hospitals in the nation.
For more information on our Medical Industry, click here.