A Golfer’s Paradise
With over 1,220 holes of golf, Northeast Florida is the perfect getaway for golfers looking to take advantage of pristine course conditions and comfortable weather all year.
- Northeast Florida is home to 72 public and private courses, making up 488,000 yards of greens.
- Area courses have been designed by golf greats like Tom Fazio, Pete Dye, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Mark McCumber.
- Great Jacksonville courses include: The Beaches: Windsor Parke, Champions Club and Queens Harbour. Southside/Baymeadows: Deercreek Country Club and Westside: Bent Creek Country Club.
- The Windsor Parke Golf Club was given four stars in the "2002 Places to Play" and rated the 4th best new course in the nation for Golf Digest. The publication, Golf News, rated it in the top 100 golf courses in Florida. The National Golf Course Owners Association recognized the course as being "beginner-friendly."
- Need assistance in planning the ultimate golf vacation? Florida’s First Coast of Golf can help book that hard to get tee time for courses across the region as well as accommodations packages. Find value dates, last minute hot deals and sample itineraries on their Web site. Call (800) 530-5248 or visit them online.
- Each May, Golf’s best players descend upon Ponte Vedra for the THE PLAYERS Championship at TPC Sawgrass. Do not miss their attempts to beat the world-famous 17th hole; it’s a tricky one!
- World Golf Village, located in St. Augustine, celebrates the history and sport of golf with the World Golf Hall of Fame.
For more information about Golf in Jacksonville, click here.