From World-Class Marathons to state of the art Track & Field Facilities, Jacksonville offers great options for runners of every level.
- Held annually in February, 26.2 with Donna: The Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer is the only marathon in the country to donate 100 percent of its proceeds to breast cancer research.
- The Gate River Run in Downtown Jacksonville is the largest 15K in the United States.The route takes runners through Downtown Jacksonville and across many of our famous bridges.
- Runner’s World Magazine’s 2012 Guide Marathon listed the Jacksonville Bank Marathon as one of the top 10 races that offer conditions to run a personal best.
- Tour de Pain Extreme is held annually in March, it consists of three different races in 24 hours. In includes a 10K, a Half Marathon and then a 5K. All three races take place in Downtown Jacksonville.
- The First Coast Kids Triathlon is the largest kid triathlon in the nation.
- Hodges Stadium at the University of North Florida boasts an arena with 9,400 seats, press box, track and field lighting and a 9-lane Olympic quality track with Mondotrack SX surface. The track has full markings for all NCAA and IAAF events, including the ability to run directional events in either direction on either straight. The newly renovated facility also includes a full 400m, 3 lane warm-up track and brand new IAAF certified equipment provided by UCS. It is currently certified as a Class II facility though it is built to Class I standards.
Cool running routes in Jacksonville:
- Run the Bridges: Downtown has 4 bridges that connect the Southbank to the Northbank.
- Run the Beaches: All 22 miles of coastline!
- The Forest Circle neighborhood in Mandarin: Beautiful homes and beautiful sites, plus it is almost a perfect 1-mile loop.
- Fort Caroline National Park and Theodore Roosevelt Area trails: Run and connect to the local flora and fauna.
#beactiveinJAX Jacksonville is an active city! Check out what local runner/yoga/bicyclist says about our fine city!